||175+ x 175+ ft
(53+ x 53+ m)
|This small camp, sited on top of a "whale-backed" ridge overlooking the Solway Estuary, was first identified from
the air by Prof. J.K. St. Joseph in 1958.
There is another camp a short distance to the north-west at Annanfoot, and
others further along the north bank of the Solway Estuary at Ruthwell and Ward Law.
See: Air Reconnaissance in Britain, 1958-1960 by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. li (1961) p.122;
Britannia xvii (1986) p.374;
Britannia xxxiii (2002) p.290;
Britannia xxxiv (2003) p.306.
Page Citation: Kevan White (2018) "Roman Britain: ANNAN HILL CAMP"