|W (0.5) to Raith (Tayside)
E (0.5) to Rovndlaw (Tayside)
This watch-tower was discovered by Prof. O.G.S. Crawford on 1st June 1937. The central platform is 39 feet in diameter and lies to the immediate south of the road. This watch-tower along with others spaced almost uniformly along the Roman military road into the north-east formed an early Roman frontier along the Gask Ridge in Tayside.
"PERTH AND KINROSS ... (4) Ardunie (NN 943 186): two overlapping features seen on aerial photographs 0.5 km SW of one of the Gask Ridge watch-towers, and proposed as the defences of small marching-camps, seemed likely on excavation to be field boundary ditches. ..." (Britannia, 1999)