NGRef: ST4887
OSMap: LR
Type: Villa
Roads
None identified

This site, lying 2 miles south-south-east of the Silurian civitas capital at Caerwent, is defined by two ditches, the inner ditch broad, the outer narrow, which define two sides of an apparently rectangular enclosure measuring 175 feet from north-west to south-east by at least 200 feet transversely (c.53 x 61+ m), and thus covers an area of at least ¾-acre (>c.0.3 ha). There appears to be a central building complex here, but its layout and exact function are unknown.

See: Air Reconnaissance of Southern Britain by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. XLIII (1953) pp.81-97;
Page Citation: Kevan White (2018) "Roman Britain: CALDICOT"