NGRef: NT5417
OSMap: LR79
Type: Camp

Roads
None identified
N.G.REF DIMENSIONS AREA DESCRIPTION
NT543177 1,200 x 1,000+ ft
(366 x 305+ m)
c.27½ acres
(c.11.1 ha)
First observed from the air in 1960, the west angle of this camp has been eroded by the river Teviot, but enough remains for its outline to be extrapolated and an estimate of its original dimensions made. The main axis of the camp was aligned along the river valley from NE to SW.

The marching camp at Cavers (NT5416) lies about ¾-mile to the south-east, and the Rubers Law signal station lies about 3 miles to ESE (NT5813).

See: Air Reconnaissance in Britain, 1958-1960 by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. li (1961) p.122;
Air Reconnaissance in Britain, 1961-64 by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. lv (1965) p.78.