NGRef: TQ7460
OSMap: LR178/188
Type: Temple Or Shrine, Villa, Barrow, Building

Roads
N (5) to Dvrobrivae Cantiacorvm (Rochester, Kent)
Pilgrims Way: W (22) to Titsey (Surrey)
North Downs Way: ESE (35) to Folkestone (Kent)
S (4) to Maidstone (Kent)

The temple stood 1 mile south of the crossing of the north-south road from Maidstone to Durobrivae (Rocester) with the North Downs Way (at TQ7462).

There is a large Claudian villa of military design at Rowe Place Farm, Eccles (TQ7260), perhaps the residence of the exiled Adminius, when he returned following the Claudian invasion.

Another villa and Romano-British Barrow at Snodland (TQ6962) on the course of the North Downs Way.

Other substantial Roman buildings have been found in the immediate area at Wouldham (TQ7162) and Burham (TQ7261), and 3 miles south-east along the N.D.W. at Thurnham (TQ7957)

See: Historical Map and Guide - Roman Britain by the Ordnance Survey (3rd, 4th & 5th eds., 1956, 1994 & 2001).