Type: Minor Settlement
|WNW (13) to Alchester (Oxfordshire)
ESE (11) to North Chvrch (Hertfordshire)
This suspected settlement lies in open fields and is evidenced by a large spread of surface finds including fragments of tiles and tegulae, building-stones and pottery ranging from the 2nd to 4th centuries. The finds extend over an area of almost 35 acres (c.14 ha). The O.S. records that in 1941 a quantity of Roman material was removed from the site by the landowner.