NGRef: SM 948 265
A number of Roman artefacts recovered from the area were recorded by Fenton in 1806, and although the finds are mentioned by Haverfield in his 1909 work on the Roman Military in Wales, he admitted that the exact location of the site was unknown. However, in 1960 a scatter of pierced roofing-slates, a piece of tegula roofing-tile and two pieces of "hypocaust-tile" were recovered during field-walking, which finally managed to pin-point the location, on a steep north-eastward slope above the Western Cleddau north-west of Ford. The site very likely represents the remains of a fortified Romano-British farmstead. Another similar site lies only 3¾ miles (c.5.7 km) to the east at Castle Flemish.