|W (0.5) to Witch Knowe (Tayside)
ENE (0.5) to Thorny Hill (Tayside)
This site lies 70 yards (c.64m) to the north of the military road. Excavated by Christison in 1909 who recorded the post-holes and sleeper-trenches of a central structure 11 feet (c.3.35m) square surrounded by a turf bank 14 feet (c.4.27m) wide, which surved in places up to 3 feet (0.9m) in height. The entire structure measured 51 feet (c.15.5m) in diameter across the mound. This watch-tower along with others spaced almost uniformly along the Roman military road into the north-east formed an early Roman frontier along the Gask Ridge in Tayside.