NGRef: NN9318
OSMap: LR58
Type: Watch-tower

Roads
E (0.5) to Ardvnie (Tayside)
W (0.5) to Parknevk (Tayside)

This site was discovered in March 1901 while excavating a pit to recieve a new water tank serving Raith Farm. This watch-tower along with others spaced almost uniformly along the Roman military road into the north-east formed an early Roman frontier along the Gask Ridge in Tayside.

See: Topography of Roman Scotland North of the Antonine Wall by O.G.S. Crawford (Cambridge 1949);
Britannia xxiv (2003) p.302.