NGRef: SS592972
OSMap: LR159
Type: Practice Work, Industry

Roads
None identified

The Military Practice Work on Stafford Common

This small camp lies on boggy ground about 2 miles (3.24 km) east of the Roman fort at Loughor. It measures about 186 feet by 160 feet (c.57 x 49 m) and is defined by a single shallow ditch and counterscarp bank. The remains are very badly damaged due to their situation. There are two more practice works about a mile (1.62 km) to the east at Pen y Waun.

See: Air Reconnaissance in Britain, 1958-1960 by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. li (1961) p.127;