NGRef: SO4486
OSMap: LR137
Type: Camp

Roads
None identified
N.G.REF DIMENSIONS AREA DESCRIPTION
SO444864 c.985 x c.660 ft
(c.300 x c.200 m)
14¾ acres
(6 ha)
This camp is known only from its south-east corner-angle and attached portions of the east and south sides, respectively 360 and 920 feet (110 and 280 metres) in length. Existing field boundaries hint that the original dimensions of the camp may have been something in the region of 985 x 660 feet (300 x 200 m), which would enclose an area of just over 4¾ acres (c.6ha).
See: Air Reconnaissance in Britain, 1958-1960 by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. li (1961) p.125;
Roman Camps in England - The Field Archaeology by the R.C.H.M.E.;