Type: Signal-station, Watch-tower
"On Westerton farm, 3½ miles north-east of Ardoch, a ring-ditch some 30 feet in diameter broken by a gap on the east, may indicate a signal-station of Gask type." (St. Joseph 1951)
Excavations on the site by G. Friell and W.S. Hanson in 1980 revealed a circular enclosure (c.14 m) in diameter defended by a ditch with a "Punic" profile varying between about 5 to 10 feet in width by about 2¾ ft. deep (c.1.5-3 x 0.8 m), with an entrance gap on the south-east. At the centre of the enclosure there were four corner-postholes of a rectangular timber tower measuring around 11½ ft. by 8¼ ft. (c.3.5 x 2.5 m).